01 02 03 Perfecting the Homefront: Fourth of July Decor 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Fourth of July Decor

34
How is it July already tomorrow!? Time is flying by and we are already half way through the year. Who out there decorates for every holiday? I usually just do Christmas and fall because I have lived in apartments for years and I just haven't had the space to store extra decor. Well I am in a house now! (YAY!) Which means I can finally pick up a few things for all the holidays. I decided to pick up a few things for the fourth of july because A) My mother-in-law is coming this weekend and I thought it would be fun to have the house decorated for the holiday, and B) We are military so I always like being patriotic. It doesn't take much to get the feel, you don't have to spend an arm and a leg for the seasons. I picked up a few pillows, some vintage flags from one of our favorite antique stores, and some flags from the dollar section in Target. I also shopped around our house which helps save money as well. I'll explain what everything is as I go. So without any more delay its time for pictures!







These two flags are vintage and I love the material. Its hangs so nicely. And can we talk about this adorable BE BRAVE pillow I found 60% off at Micheals?! Love that. 



How adorable is this soldier pillow!? I had to talk my husband into it because those of you who are military know that a Soldier is actually the Army and my husband is in the Navy stationed with the Marines. In my defense they don't make much that say Troops or Sailors! He caved finally and let me buy it. 





This flag banner along with the flag on our dining room table were finds in the dollar section of Target. The banner was a little long so I cut one of the flags off and placed it in the plant on the entertainment center. Worked out great and a money saver! 






I printed out a picture on regular printing paper to place in this tiny frame. It is a picture of my husbands fourth deployment homecoming. A very cheap and meaningful addition to the space. I also changed this vignette about 10 times because it just didn't look right. I finally pulled this tray off the wall where it was hung and used it to place everything on. It made a world of difference having something to ground everything. 



The flag above has several special meanings for us. The flag itself was actually flown during a mission in Iraq when my husband was stationed there on one of his deployments. On top of that the flag case was built by my dad to house the flag so this is a super meaningful piece for us. 



Flag pillow: World Market
Soldier pillow: Home Goods
Flag banner/Flag on dining table: Target
Flags in jar: vintage
Be Brave pillow: Micheals 

There you have it! A quick and easy way to add some patriotic spirit to your home this Fourth of July! I  hope you have a fun and safe holiday this weekend!


35 36 37 38