I am finally blogging about a project! I have a bad habit of starting something and then not finishing it for weeks on end. I really need to work on that! Anyways, I have been looking for a bench for the end of my bed for awhile and I finally found one that I loved at a local antique/thrift store for a great price. I did not however love the fabric but I knew I could change that pretty easily. Here is what it looked like when I picked it up
It obviously does not match my decor. I started by taking the sides off and ripping the fabric off. I discovered the original fabric underneath which was actually really pretty and in pretty good shape!
Unfortunately it still didn't really match but I left it on there in case one day I want to use the original fabric. I picked up some white fabric at the fabric store and stapled it onto the bench. I had to use a double layer so the pattern of the fabric underneath wouldn't show through. Here is the bench right after putting the fabric on. It took my cat all of a minute before testing it out! (Sorry for the bad lighting but I work nights and tend to do projects int he middle of the night)
After that I just screwed the sides back on and done! Good as new and a perfect addition to my bedroom!
It's the perfect size and not to wide so it doesn't take up a ton of space. I love how it turned out! Moral of the story is don't pass up a piece of furniture just because the fabric doesn't match! It is such an easy fix. Well I hope you all have a great rest of the week!