01 02 03 Perfecting the Homefront: I'm Turning 30!! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

I'm Turning 30!!

34

I have no idea what this post is going to be, I am just going to lay out some thoughts and feelings that are going through my head at the moment turning 30 (and share some of my travel photos, since if you know me you know I love photography). Ok I kind of don't even want to look at that title right now. How in the world am I turning 30 already?! It seems like yesterday that I graduated from high school. Life never seems to work out the way you think it will. In my mind by 30 I would have been settled in somewhere, my husband would be around all the time, we would have a kid or a couple of kids by now. However that was my plan, not Gods plan for me.




"For I know the plans I have for you…plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" -Jeremiah 29:11


Instead I have been placed into a marriage with a lot of long distance. We have been married for 10 years and a lot of that time we have been forced to be apart from each other. The military life is hard. It is not something I ever planned on doing but you can't help who you fall in love with. I was meant to do this for a reason. I still don't know what that reason is and I may never know. All I can do is be the strong independent woman my mom raised me to be and keep moving forward. My husband is currently in Texas going to school to fulfill his dream of being a Physician Assistant and I am so proud of him and what he has accomplished in his 12 years in the Navy. He has so much more to do and I will be here every step of the way.



I also thought at this point in my life that I would have kids. I have always wanted kids and even want to be a stay at home mom some day. Well infertility is a large part of my life and that was not in my plan one bit. You can read my full story HERE. At this point I don't even know if kids are in my future, if its something we will be blessed with or not. A career was never something that was the top of my list, I just set out to be a mom.


"She holds onto hope, for he is forever faithful" 
1 Corinthians 1:9


You know what though? There are so many things I have done that I never would have done if I had followed my own plan.

 I have made it to Europe a couple of times in the past few years and they were experiences that I will always remember. Hopefully those won't be the last times. Once you go you always have the travel bug after that. I was able to see some of the the coolest most beautiful places on those trips.  (My love for photography is about to come out. I'll just apologize now for the picture overload)

Ireland
Ireland
Rock of Cashel, Ireland


Castle Ruin, Ireland


Elgin Cathedral, Scotland
Inside Stonehenge, England
Paris, France
Amsterdam 
Brugge, Belgium
 On top of getting to travel, my life not going to plan has landed me in a career I never knew I wanted. Since the baby thing was on the back burner for awhile I looked into career options. I finally settled on becoming a Respiratory Therapist. It has become something I am proud of. I love working at the hospital (most days!) and its something I feel like I am good at. I may not do it forever, or I might take a break when and if I finally have kids but for now it is fulfilling.


So yeah, my life has not turned out how I thought at all at 30 years old. I'm pretty sure the next 30 won't be what I expected either, but thats ok. Here's to the journey!




35 36 37 38