01 02 03 Perfecting the Homefront: Romantic Valentines Day Bedroom 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Romantic Valentines Day Bedroom

34
I want to start off by saying that I don't usually decorate for Valentines Day. I think last year was the first year I did a little bit and this year I wasn't going to at all. Cue Instagram. Yep, it sucked me in! Seeing everyones decor inspired me to do a little decorating. I was sitting at home, bored, and wanting to make something when I decided to make a cute little heart banner (more on that later). I thought it would be super cute above our bed for Valentines Day and of course you know I couldn't just do that, I had to redo the whole thing! I will say I didn't really spend any money doing this, I mostly just shopped my house! To me thats the best way to decorate sometimes, especially for smaller holidays that you don't want to buy a ton of stuff for. Let me show you what I came up with!



Like I said I shopped around my home for everything. That beautiful flower throw is actually a scarf I already had. I tossed it over the bench to add a romantic touch. That inspired the color pallet. I used little pops of purple to match the scarf and lucky for me I already had flowers from the other day that had purple as well. It was meant to be! 




I say this all the time but I LOVE old books. It never seems like I have enough! If you run across any for a good deal you should snatch them up! There are so many ways to use them around your home. I added some in softer colors for more of that romantic feel. I also took the flowers that I bought the other day and spread them around the room. They smell so good too! 



For the bed I pretty much kept it the same as I had it for Christmas and winter. The cuddle weather pillow still works perfectly, I just added that little heart sweater pillow that I already had on hand. Its great for winter and of course Valentines Day!


For over the bed I kept it super simple and neutral. I made this cute little heart banner out of book pages and strung them up above the bed. I will share details tomorrow on a separate post! I also added the Love Nest sign that I previously had in our bathroom. Adorable right!?



On the night stands I added old books and flowers. I bought some small clothes pins from the dollar section of Target and pinned up a few pictures of my husband and I. It is Valentines Day after all! Why not put up some cute pictures of you and your significant other? For the flowers you can use so many different things as a vase. I used an old stoneware bottle and a goblet on this side. I also added a pretty geo I bought a couple of years ago in Arizona. Since I ended up using more purple then pink it matched perfectly. 




For the bench I used a picture frame for the tray, put floors in a gravy boat I had, and added that cute diy LOVE sign I made a few years ago. Some floral sandals, pillows, and old books finish it off. 







I am so glad I decided to decorate for the love holiday. I love how simple changes can transform a room. This Romantic Valentines Day Bedroom makes me smile. Even though I don't get to spend it with my husband it does make me think of him and I love how cozy this room is! I still stare at that shiplap and those windows every chance I get and I finally got to decorate it. What do you think? Do you decorate for Valentines Day? If so how? I always welcome questions! Leave a comment, chat with me on Instagram, or visit me on Facebook! Thank you all for taking the time to stop by, it means so much! 

35 36 37 38