01 02 03 Perfecting the Homefront: Neutral Tufted Bench DIY (Sort of) 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Neutral Tufted Bench DIY (Sort of)

34
Let me start off by saying I had no plans to pick up a bench, to make a bench, nothing bench related at all. However sometimes things drop into your lap and you just can't help but to run with it! Am I right? Ok, here is the story. I was wondering around TJMaxx (a normal thing for me, lets be honest). As I walked though the area with the furniture I came across this bench. I have always loved them but I never want to pay the amount they go for. This was…..wait for it…..$17! Ummm what!? My first thought was what is wrong with it, and my second thought was just grab it and run. After taking a closer look I realized that it was that price because it had no legs with it. I talked to a sales associate and she told me that apparently they lost the legs somewhere in the warehouse so they were selling just the top of the bench. It was originally $35 (and I guess I am the only crazy one to want it) but had since been marked down even more. I decided to snatch it up and take it home with me.

Here is a horrible iPhone picture of the top after I brought it home. The next step was to pick up some legs.


I made a trip to Lowes to see what they had available. I was trying to make this as cheap as possible since this wasn't something I was planning on doing. I finally grabbed 6 legs, bare wood with the screw already in the leg. They were only about $5 each and with my military discount came to about $26 total. Lowes and Home Depot both offer military discounts if you didn't know! 


Since obviously the legs are a different color then the top I knew I would be painting this little bench of mine. I screwed the legs in to make sure I liked the look before painting. 



All the legs are different colors so I was painting this for sure. I already had chalk paint on hand so I went to town and had a little painting party by myself. A little HGTV and it goes pretty quickly. I did two coats and then let it dry over night. I then sanded down a few spots so it looked nice and worn and then sealed it with a little wax. Such an easy project! Before I show you the end result I wanted give you the total dollar amount and what these usually run for. I found the same bench on Overstock for over $200 and I only spent around $50 total for mine! I would say thats a win! 




Alright so here is how it turned out! I kind of love it! 










I am so glad I decided to grab that bench top when I saw it. I ended up with a one of a kind bench at a fraction of the cost! I wasn't sure where I was going to put this beauty and I ended up trying it at my dining room table. At first I wasn't sure but it is growing on me and I really like how it looks there at the moment. Who knows if it will stay there but for now I am enjoying this adorable bench. 

I hope this encourages you to look at pieces that might be broken or missing pieces and see past that. You can get a great deal on something because of those reasons! What do you think of the end result? Would you have snatched up the bench top with no legs like I did? As I say all the time I would love to hear from you! Have a wonderful weekend everyone! 

35 36 37 38