01 02 03 Perfecting the Homefront: Chalk Paint Night Stand Makeover 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Chalk Paint Night Stand Makeover

34
Hey you guys! I am back today with another furniture makeover, this time in my style. I have been slowly filling my home lately and changing out some of my older cheaper furniture with some better more sturdy pieces. One of the last things on that list was some new night stands for my guest room. I of course still don't like to spend a ton of money so I have teamed up with an amazing app called Close5 which you can download on your phone or use on your computer. It is a great tool to buy and sell from around your town. One thing I liked a lot is you can place a bid and then chat right on the app with the seller so it was really easy to use! I found a pair of nightstands I thought would make great side tables once they were painted for only $40 so I reached out to the seller and boom they were mine! I picked them up and brought them home and got ready to makeover these little cuties. Here is what they looked like when I first grabbed them.




The color was not going to work at all for my home with that orange hue. I hate sanding so the best bet for me was to use chalk paint. All I do is wipe down the table and then its ready for paint! I love that I don't have to prep at all to use it. I had some leftover chalk paint from Home Depot I tried awhile back so I thought it would be perfect to use the leftover paint for this project. One of the things I liked about this piece was that all the hardware came off so it was much easier to paint! It took a couple of coats to cover completely and then I added a layer of clear Annie Sloan Wax to seal it.





The tables ended up being a little too short so I bought some legs from Lowes and added them to the bottom. I decorated them with some old books, botanical prints from Hobby Lobby, lamps (which I can't remember where I got), and plants from Ikea. I love the pop they all have off of the white tables!

















I am loving the bigger side tables for this room. The old ones were a little too small. These fit the space much better and will be much more useful for guests. They also add some fun character to the space! If you want to find your own treasures make sure you add the Close5 app to your phone, either Buy and sell app for iPhone or Buy and sell app for Android, or online at Close5.com. You can find wonderful pieces for a great price. With a little work you can turn an ugly duckling into something special for your space! Would you have snagged these side tables? Thank you so much for stopping by!

 I was compensated to review
 the Close5 app but as always 
my opinions are my own!



Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38