01 02 03 Perfecting the Homefront: Cozy Fall Living Room 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Cozy Fall Living Room

34
It's been a long couple of weeks of traveling, ant invasions, sick dogs and vet visits. These are the times I really really miss my husband. All I can say is I don't know how it's October already but it makes me happy! Only a couple of months left until I have my husband much closer to me. We will still be in different cities but we will at least be in driving distance to each other and in the same state. I feel like this is a "you know you are a military wife when being in the same state is amazing" kind of a thing. Amidst all the crazy of the past couple of weeks I find myself decorating. To me it's calming, it's my creative outlet. One of my favorite things to do is throw on some TV or music and poke around the house and rearrange things. It is one of the reasons I like the change of the season because it gives me an excuse to change things up (not that I really need an excuse)! I have kept things a little more simple this year and haven't gone to crazy with the fall decor. To me its just enough! I took these pictures the other morning so the lighting is a little dark but I love the cozy feel the morning light in this room gives. 






I am not really into the typical fall colors, I like to keep things neutral but with a lot of texture. I have a slight blanket and pillow obsession so I layer those around the entire space. 






I also love to use pumpkins pretty much everywhere. I placed them on the side table, the entertainment center, and with hydrangeas in my giant dough bowl. I also used vintage books and candlesticks in several places around the room. 




The texture on the couches are one of my favorite things. I used grain sack pillows that I made myself , a couple of knitted pillows I recently found for a great price at Tuesday Mornings, and a knitted throw that I recently finished. Since these pictures I have actually re-knit it into a different pattern that I think looks and works better then in these pictures. 






This time of year gives me all the feels! There is so many things happening in my family including my parents selling and moving from where I grew up, I became an aunt to the cutest little girl and my other sister will be giving birth in March so an aunt x2! My husband is coming back to California and I am looking forward to a trip to Paris with him in December......I mean it had just been crazy! I am trying to embrace all of the change, enjoy every moment, and to be thankful.


35 36 37 38