01 02 03 Perfecting the Homefront: Cozy Cottage Winter Living Room 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Cozy Cottage Winter Living Room

34
I am definitely a little behind on the after Christmas decor since I have been pretty non-stop busy since the end of November. I did a few things here and there and have blogged about them already but I hadn't gotten around to the bigger rooms. Well I got home from my sisters baby shower the other day and I finally had a little time to get the living room put together! I know I'm a little late to the game but maybe you can still get some inspiration! I use a lot of the same decor that I do for Christmas I just tone it down a bit. 



I kept a lot of the same pillows on the couches that I had before. Neutral with a lot of textures (fur, sweater, knitted) and a lot of blankets spread around the room to grab if its gets cold. They come from Target, Tuesday Morning, H&M, Home Goods, and Parris Chic Boutique. You can find fun pillows from pretty much anywhere! 




On the entertainment center I cleaned off the Christmas decor and kept it simple with a winter garland, corbel, books, a marble star and a tiny tree. Oh and the map is back! It was hiding during Christmas but it is officially back in the mix since the lights came down. 




This little corner in my living room is one of my favorites. I moved the little white side table to the other side of the chair and its the perfect place to knit or read a book and have a cup of tea. The flowers are from my sisters baby shower and I thought they would be so cute to add in. The candle holder was another buy from Belgium. Now I just need to get that blanket done! 











I have been drooling over these macrame runners for awhile but have never bought one due to the high prices. I couldn't believe it when I found this one at Home Goods for a great price a few weeks ago! I'm in love with it. It will probably go back and forth from here to the dining room table. For now I love it here and I kept the same centerpiece as I had for Christmas because its nice and simple. 




You guys!!! I finally got my fireplace mantle!!!! If you follow me on instagram you already knew this but this is the first time I am sharing it here on my blog. I bought this back in April when visiting my husband in Texas and I had to wait until my husband moved back to California to get it. Its been torture waiting for it but it's finally HERE!! I was a little nervous about the color when I bought it since its an off white but I am pleasantly surprised once it was in the house. I am actually glad I went for it because it pops off the wall much more as an off white. It's such a great vintage piece! I finally have a mantle. I added a sign I made myself, some vintage candle holders, a topiary from Ikea, a wood star garland, ceramic house from Target and some vintage books.








I also wanted to share my little back entryway on here as well since its been a little while. I have kept it the same pretty much since Christmas. On the shelf there is some winter greenery, a painting that my Grandmother painted, and a tobacco basket from Decor Steals. The hooks underneath are also from Decor steals, the drawing was done by my great great grandfather, and of course those theater seats are one of my favorite purchases ever! The rug is a new find from Home Goods.











I honestly don't know what the future holds and odds are that this might be the last Christmas and winter I am in this little house of ours which of course makes me sad but for now I am enjoying every moment. I look back to a year ago and its crazy to see how much this room has grown and changed. I truly love to decorate and rearrange my space. I also wanted to give you a run down of the larger items and where I got them in case you are interested.

Couches- Ikea
Entertainment Center- Urban Home
Map- Ebay
Fabric Chair- Urban Home
Rug- Rugs USA
Mantle and Theater Seats- Vintage
Coffee Table- Wayfair

I hope that helps since I get a lot of questions of where some of these pieces are from! I can't believe January is already half over and before I know it I will be decking out this space for Spring. Do you decorate for winter? Whats your favorite season to decorate for? I hope you got a little inspiration for your own home and feel free to ask any questions you may have or just leave a comment, I would love to hear from you! 

35 36 37 38