01 02 03 Perfecting the Homefront: Valentines Day Mantle 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Valentines Day Mantle

34
Why hello there February! You got here quickly. Every year seems to go by faster and faster and I still can't believe we are in 2017. I really want to have fun this year decorating this sweet little house of mine since I'm not sure where he end of this year is going to take us. Odds are we will be selling this house of ours and moving to a new town, perhaps a new state or even country. For now I will enjoy decorating every corner for each holiday and season. 

As I said in my last post I don't really decorate for Valentines Day much but I did want to add a few small touches this year. My new favorite thing to decorate is my new antique mantle. A fireplace is the one thing that I really wanted and wasn't able to add to this home. Having the mantle is such a great alternative. Here is what it looks like for the love holiday! 



I bought this burlap banner for my sisters baby shower and never ended up using it. I decided to use it for my Valentines Day decor instead. I cut out letters saying LOVE using a stencil and craft paper and taped them onto the banner. Super easy and inexpensive. 




On the mantle I added some grocery store flowers placed in a pitcher I got from Home Goods. Next to those I placed some vintage books, a spool from Magnolia Market, and a little XOXO sign I picked up fro the dollar spot at Target.  On the other side are some faux plants and antique candlesticks. The sign I made a couple of months ago out of wood I picked up from Lowes. 






I felt like something was missing where the fireplace itself would normally be. It seemed a little plain. I decided to add a basket and a tobacco basket behind the candlesticks that I already had there. It added that needed touch and I love it! 



As you can see I didn't go crazy with Valentines Day decor. I just wanted to add a touch here and there. I also kept it pretty neutral, I don't like to go crazy with pink and red or anything. It's just not my thing. I like that this is subtle and easy to take down once the holiday is over. As fast as time continues to go I will be taking it down before I know it! What about you? Do you go crazy with Valentines decor or do you like to keep things low key? Happy February and I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week! 

35 36 37 38