01 02 03 Perfecting the Homefront: Creating a Chaise Lounge on a Regular Couch 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Creating a Chaise Lounge on a Regular Couch

34
Alright guys, this is going to be a really short post but I wanted to share in case some of you have the same problem as I do. Being a military wife we move around. A lot. One of the things I have to think about when buying furniture is how can it fit in multiple spaces, different sizes, shapes, etc. I originally really wanted a corner unit couch but I opted for two couches instead so that they would be much more versatile when we move again. I also wanted a chaise lounge but again was worried about how to fit it into multiple spaces. Well I recently decided to try something to get the look but also have the versatility to not have it if I need to. 



Our couches are ektorp from Ikea and I love them. I love that they are comfy and that I can take the covers off and wash them. Well the other day we were at Ikea with my sister and we came across the ottoman that matches the couches we have. After a little but of talking things out we decided to grab the ottoman to make things more comfy and usable in the living room. I was prepared to get rid of our coffee table and use the ottoman because I honestly didn't think they could both fit in the space even though I wanted to use both. 



Well once I got home the idea struck me to rotate the coffee table and add the ottoman to the end of one of the couches to make a chaise lounge. You guys I am so happy we did this!! I have a new favorite spot in the living room and I still get to keep my coffee table in the mix. The best part is that there is storage in the ottoman (more pillow storage lets be real!) and that when we move again I can do any configuration I need to. I can also pull this out and use it for even more seating if I need to. 





Don't you love when you have a vision and it comes together better then you thought? I am so glad I decided to try this! Sometimes you just need to jump in and try something. Sometimes it won't turn out at all what you want and other times it will come together better then you hoped! Well I just wanted to end by saying thank you so much for stopping by and if you need me I will be curled up in my new little corner of my new chaise lounge! 

35 36 37 38