01 02 03 Perfecting the Homefront: Cozy Guest Bedroom 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Cozy Guest Bedroom

34

I am finally sharing a never before seen room in our house, the Guest Bedroom! I have gotten it to a place where I feel comfortable sharing it (I know, about time!). This room is bit different then the rest of the house. It is the only room that has color in it. Some of our old stuff has ended up in this room and it is still in pretty good shape so there is no reason for us to get rid of any of it. It works out nicely in this room. It also isn't the largest room in the world so its a bit hard to get pictures but here we go! 


The first thing you see when you come to this room are these adorable signs from Down Grace Lane. They are super adorable and great quality! I thought they would be perfect on the outside of the door to get that hotel feel. I used command strips to adhere them to the door. I love them! (She has some great signs if you are interested, look up Down Grace Lane on Etsy to see what she offers)



The focal point of our Cozy Guest Bedroom is the bed and the basket art above the bed. It took me awhile to figure out what to do over the bed and I finally came across this idea on Instagram and instantly wanted to try it. I picked up most of the baskets at thrift stores so this was a really cheap project. I love the texture it brings to the room.  



I kept the bedding pretty light and white. No surprise there that I like neutrals haha. The side tables are from ikea that we have had for a long time. I want to eventually get some bigger side tables but for now they will do just fine.  The bed frame is also from ikea and used to be in our master bedroom before we upgraded to a king bed. 


On the other side of the room are a few items that mean a lot to me. My dad built the ladder and crates for me and the painting over the shelves and under the mirror were painted by my grandmother. One of my favorite things to have are family items around my home. I also have some family pictures on the shelves along with a few things from our travels. 





For more art I printed out several photos I took on our travels. I like to dabble in photography so its a fun touch to add. I ordered them online at Target and framed them in frames from Home Goods. Those candle scones I have had for years and years and they also work well in this room. 







I really wanted to create a simple cozy room that guests could feel comfortable in. It isn't fussy or to busy so hopefully when people come to stay they can relax in this little room. It is also fun to step out of my normal decor and change it up a little in a different part of the house. I keep this room closed off from animals so it is kind of its own separate space from the rest of my home. I wanted to share because I know not everyone wants neutral and I wanted to show you how I use a little color. I hope it inspires you! How do you decorate your guest space? Do you change things up or keep it the same as the rest of your home? I would love to hear from you so feel free to leave a comment and thanks as always for stopping by this little blog of mine! 


35 36 37 38