01 02 03 Perfecting the Homefront: Liebster Nomination 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Liebster Nomination

34






Happy Monday everyone! I am writing a special post today and giving you a little insight to, well, me. Last week I was nominated by Meghan from her blog HomeBody&Soul (a fellow military wife blogger) for the Liebster Award. It's a great way to get some of the smaller blogs out there and share a little about yourself. To participate I am going to answer 11 questions and nominate some bloggers! I added pictures to some of the questions to help you get to know me a little more. So here we go!

1. How did you decide on the title of your blog?

This is a great question and one that I still am not sure about to this day. I am a military wife and wanted to bring in a little of that to the name which is where Homefront came from. It is my way of saying I am trying to make the home front (or where I live) as beautiful and comfortable as I can. I want my home to be a great place to live and a perfect place for my husband to come to, wether it be after a work day or 7 months after a deployment. To be completely honest I feel like I might have done better with the name but that is not something I am creative at so here we are! My writing is honest and I don't spend hours upon hours making sure it is perfect. I want to be me and talk on here just like I would chatting with a friend. Because of this I second guess the name a lot. Hopefully I am just being overly hard on myself!

2. What made you decide to start a blog?

I LOVE to decorate and think about how I can make my home beautiful all the time. Like seriously, ALL the time. If I didn't need to make money for bills I would spend my days decorating and repurposing things and I would be oh so happy! I decided it would be a great outlet to share some of the things I do online, and to connect with people who share this passion. If I can inspire a few people to do the same then this little blog is worth it!

3. What is your favorite food?

This is a hard one because I like a lit of things! I am pretty obsessed with all things Italian. Lots of pasta of bread! Which of course is horrible since its all carbs! It will be our little secret.

4. Where is your favorite place to shop?

Like most all bloggers I love Marshalls, Target, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby! I also love poking around antique and thrift shops. I could shop for good deals all day long. It never gets old!

5. If you could travel anywhere in the world where it would be and why?

Paris

Brugge, Belgium
Elgin, Scotland
I can only pick one!? Dislike and I can't! Seriously I would be happy with anywhere in Europe. My second love is photography and the history and architecture in Europe is AMAZING. I had the joy of traveling this past summer to Europe for the first time seeing London, parts of Scotland, Amsterdam, Brugge, and Paris and I was in photographers heaven. Send me anywhere over there and I will be happy.








6. What is your favorite past time other then blogging?




Well I guess I kind of answered this in the previous question. Photography brings me so much joy. Nature, architecture, people, it really doesn't matter what. I have even done a couple of weddings which were terrifying for me since I am by all means not a professional.










Right now I struggle with that on my blog because my apartment is small and very dark at times. Luckily I will be moving to a house in about 3 or 4 months and my blog will be the better for it!





These are a few pictures I have taken over the years. Top is the lunar eclipse last year, next is a mini shoot I did with my older sister, the next is one of my first attempts at shooting the night sky. Last, the one to the right here is one of my favs I took at one of the two weddings I shot. I just enjoy tinkering around on the camera when I get the chance.






7.  What is your favorite post you've written and why?

Ooooooo good one. How in the world am I supposed to pick one? I guess one of my favorites was just this past Christmas. I really pushed my own limits of going above my normal and enjoyed decorating for the holidays so much. It really is my favorite time of the year even if it is cliche.




8. A long lost relative gives you a large sum of money, what do you do with it?

It really isn't fun being an adult sometimes. Sadly I would probably be oh so boring and pay off bills and put some away. Depending on the amount maybe take a trip with the hubs over seas somewhere but mostly boring bill paying.

9. What is your all time favorite movie?

Hmmmm, I don't really have an all time favorite movie. Is that weird? The movie I watch on a yearly basis is White Christmas. One of my holiday traditions is to watch this with my mom every year and I love it. Other then that I like a lot of different movies!

10. Where do you see your blog going in the next year?

Another good question! I have a lot of things on my list for this! I would like to finally get my own domain, to blog more and be more consistent about blogging. I also can't wait to be in a house this spring because I will finally have room to do more projects! Can't wait! =)

11. Where does your blog inspiration come from?

 My inspiration comes from many places. My love for decorating, my passion for sharing and inspiring others to make their homes beautiful, following other bloggers and how amazing they are. My joy of connecting with other women in the same boat as me and who have a similar passion as I do. There are so many things in nature, in life, all around that are an inspiration!


The next step is to nominate a few blogs to do the same! To be honest most of the blogs I follow do not fall in this category or have already been nominated so I am not sure who to nominate! If you read this and want to participate please consider this a nomination! Let me know in the comments below as I would love to follow and give you a shout out! Just answer the above 11 questions on your own blog. I hope to hear from you soon!

My husbands 5th deployment homecoming this last November 



35 36 37 38