01 02 03 Perfecting the Homefront: Night Time Home and Lighting Tour 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Night Time Home and Lighting Tour

34
For those of you don't know I work night shift at a local hospital as a Respiratory Therapist. Of course this means a lot of the time its dark out when I'm awake even when I am not at work. I recently had a bit of an ant problem which forced me to really pick up and clean the house. Afterwards I was wandering around and thought it would be a fun idea to share how my house looks at night! Since this is normal for me I wanted to share how my house looks for me most of the time. It will give you a whole new perspective and I want to show you and walk you through the lighting we have added around the house.

Entry


We have a lot of recessed lighting through out the downstairs. We had to rent for a lot of years and one of the major things we dealt with was no overhead lighting. I wanted to be able to have several layers of lighting that we could tone down or make super bright depending on the occasion. 



Great Room (Kitchen, Living, Dining)



I thought about adding a lighting fixture in the living room (we do have a light box) but I am not sure how I feel about it cutting the room off. I kind of like it wide open so not sure I will ever do that. The recessed lighting adds more then enough light and is also on a dimmer which I love. 



In the kitchen and dining room we have recessed lighting and have added two lights form ikea over the counter and a chandelier over the dining table that we got from World Market. Again this allows for a lot of options and it also adds character. 




Can you find the dogs through out the great room pictures!? They love jumping in!






Guest Bedroom



In the guest room we have lamps on the side tables and we also put in an overhead light. Nothing fancy but enough to make it easier for guests. This way you can flip the switch when you walk in but you also have the option to have a reading lamp. These lamp bases are from Target. 




Master Bedroom



The master bedroom is much the same. We have lamps on each side table (these were a recent find from Target. On sale for $13 each!!). We also have a fan in here with a light. I actually don't like fans that much but I love sleeping with a fan on so I gave in. I realized I didn't get the fan in the pictures so if you would like to see it you can see our bedroom here. It is shown in the last picture and is from Lowes. It was one of the cheapest fans I found that I liked. 






I actually really love looking at places at night. It gives a whole new look and it seems so cozy! Especially during the holiday seasons. Now all I need is a fireplace but that sadly isn't happening! Maybe in the next house....

I know this is kind of a different post then you normally see but I hope you enjoyed it. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer, just let me know!
35 36 37 38