01 02 03 Perfecting the Homefront: Gallery Wall 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Gallery Wall

34
Do you have that one spot in your house that is a little bit girly? Yes, I'm married, and I try not to go to over the top girly for his sake....until now. This is my very own wall in the house. I have had my jewelry frames on the wall for awhile but I have been wanting to make it look a little nicer. I finally decided to tackle it today. Isn't it pretty?

I recently made the grey necklace holder and you can find the how to on that here. I made my black small frame jewelry holder a few years ago and I have loved it from the moment I finished it. This one was a bit more complicated. 

I found the frame at Goodwill and new it would be perfect to redo. It had a not so pretty canvas inside and was gold. I took out the canvas and spray painted it black. From there I measured the opening and had a thin piece of wood cut at home depot (they will cut it to size for you). I picked up the knobs from Anthropologie on sale. I added the door pull and hook which you can get at any home improvement store and spray painted those black as well. I then painted the wood white and screwed everything in! Adorable right!?

My next project was the canvas. 


I worked on one for over my bed (tutorial here) and I had a left over canvas. I decided to try something fairly simple. I had already painted the canvas yellow when I was working on my other canvas. I wanted the canvas to stay mostly yellow so I decided to try birds on a wire. Easy enough right? All I did was print out some bird shapes from offline and made some templates out of scrapbook paper. Painted the shapes grey, added a straight line, and your done! 

I didn't fill in the birds with solid color because I wanted the canvas to look hand painted. If you look closely you can see a little of the yellow coming through. I like that it makes it look more rustic. If you don't like that yourself you will just have to give it more then one coat. 



After that I put everything up. I already had the other pictures so it was pretty easy to put everything together. What do you think?




Hopefully my husband won't mind my girly wall! Do you have a place in your house where you let your feminine side show more then normal? If you don't, maybe you should try it! =)
35 36 37 38